Indian Head Massage
It is a form of deep style massage therapy created in India thousands of years ago. This relaxing treatment concentrates on areas of the body where stress is most commonly held by many people, often without realising it.
Tight shoulder and neck muscles are loosened with a gentle but firm massage, tension in the scalp, forehead and jaw is released. The upper arms are also included to ensure the whole shoulder area is treated. Indian Head Massage is excellent for relieving tension headaches, neck pain, or for calming a busy brain or energising you when you feel foggy. The treatment is carried out seated, with a relaxing scented aromatherapy oil.
Please note: Suitable for most adults but certain contra-indications where this treatment should be avoided include epilepsy, osteoporosis and heart conditions. A consultation will be given prior to treatment to ensure suitability.
An Indian Head Massage may prove beneficial by:
- Relieving built up tension that can often result in headaches, migraines, neck and back pain.
- Detoxifying the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage.
- Boosting overall immunity.
- Improving circulation, which in turn increases energy levels.
- Promoting clarity and increased concentration.
- Sooths symptoms of asthma by calming the respiratory system.
- Relieves facial tension.
- Increases muscle tone.
- Relieves symptoms of sinusitis.
- Boosts cerebral spinal fluid circulation.
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia.
An Indian Head Massage may also improve overall mental health by:
- Relieving symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Providing relief from stress and promotes relaxation.
- Improving concentration levels.
- Renewing energy levels.
- Increasing feelings of peace, calm and well being.
- Boosting memory capabilities.
25 Minutes £33